25 Things to know about Buco in India

Thursday, February 12, 2009 |

25 Things to know about Buco in India

1.) I wear sandals everyday.
2.) I wear a dress shirt everyday.
3.) I wear underwear most days (Just kidding, or am I?)
4.) I sometimes brush my teeth with Tang at night. Minty freshness plus my daily dose of Vitamin C.
5.) Sometimes after bathing I will wrap my head in a towel, make faces and run around my room.
6.) I used to keep a pet spider. When he got about 5 inches though he started attacking me, so I was forced to kill him.
7.) The two main ingredients in anything served here are rice and coconut.
8.) On any given day I eat several pounds of rice. It’s the other white meat.
9.) At any given time there are at least 20 objects suspended from wires in my room. It’s how I dry my clothes and protect my food from the ants. It is not “a form of American decorating.”
10.) I wash my clothes in a bucket, but usually I don’t wash them as let them soak for twice as long and then rinse. Sometimes I will spot clean though.
11.) I rearrange my room about every 2 weeks to see what new ways I can place my 3 pieces of furniture.
12.) I get cold at night and have to grab my blankets. The low here is only like 22, but that’s Celsius.
13.) I may not cut my hair for the next 6 months, but that all depends on who loses the bet first. Or when/if our country coordinator cracks down.
14.) I have five shirts here, four of which are blue. I like blue.
15.) I have probably played more games of cricket than all other games combined.
16.) Sometimes I am forced to fight three or four of my blind school students at a time. Usually I just pick up two and start spinning in a circle.
17.) In India, I have three moms. I hope they don’t know about Mother’s day.
18.) Some people here say that I resemble a monkey. But while I have always had a knack for climbing trees, I don’t think it’s a complement.
19.) I am trying to grow a beard. Trying is a good word.
20.) I have had students come and wake me up in the morning so I wouldn’t miss breakfast. Kind souls. I just like to take in every moment of sleep that I can.
21.) I shower twice a day at least for at least 30 secs. It’s hygienic
22.) Hot showers only come after a particularly sunny afternoon baking the pipes. On those days, however, I prefer my artic water.
23.) Sometimes I eat the whole fish, bones in all. It’s a texture thing.
24.) I used to feed a colony of ants in the corner of my room. I was sad when they left.
25.) Sometimes, I think India might be making me go crazy. Part of me thinks I was before I came.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow david! you crack me up!! You're amazing...even if India made you crazier than you already were! I'll always still think you're fantastic!

Post a Comment