Never give up. Never surrender.
I know where do I get off saying something like that. I am 22 years old and barely even into life. How can I expect anyone else to never compromise on things? I am so young as not to really even know what life is. After all, compromise is how the world gets round. But I would say that there are things to compromise on, and things that should never be watered down and exchanged.
In my life I have had many dreams and many hopes. Chances are by the end of my lifetime I will have let every single one of them go just as I have already began to do. They were just impossibilities; thank God I got the sense to realize that with age. But when I see the end of my life in fifty years, I wonder what I will look back upon. A graveyard of dreams dismissed as impossibilities. Hopes that were never fought for, only settled upon.
I cannot believe how many people I met that told me that they always wished that they had done something like I am doing. Going to India or helping people? I do not know what they wished for, but I can’t help but wonder what I will wish for when I grow to a ripe old age?
Since I was a little boy, I have always felt for other people and their pain. Sometimes I caused more pain than I felt for. Looking back on it, I wish I had been kinder. There are too many people in the world that couldn’t give a damn about the other. I pray to God that I do not become one of them. I also pray to God that I can make a difference in the world.
Flying high at 40,000 ft is one way to get a reality check. From that height the world is a blur of lights on the pitch black of the ocean. You are one in a billion. Odds so bad that you might as well just give up and go home before you start. No sense in it. And that’s where it all starts, or in this case it all stops. People go home, taking their dreams with them.
At the end of my life I am not sure if I am going to have to stand judgment before an almighty, but being as critical as I am, I know sure as daylight that I will have to stand judgment in front of myself. And I know that my 80-year-old self is going to be quite angry if 25-year-old Buco tells him that it just didn’t look like it was going to work out.
In my life I want one less person to go home hungry. I want one less person to be die of curable diseases. I want people to hope and to actually believe in humanity rather than just paying lip service. I want peace. I want love. One day I will be no more. And I have no idea where I am headed after that. But I know what I believe in here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment